Friday 26 September 2008

Who’s spoofing Rajnikanth?


Rohit Shetty’s latest movie spoofs the superstar and a song sequence from Sivaji Director Rohit Shetty’s Golmaal Returns, a film that has a stellar cast list, has spoofed Rajnikanth and one of the song sequence from the South Indian actor’s movie Sivaji: The Boss. An insider from the industry says: “The mannerisms of Rajnikanth have been copied and it’s quite a funny scene but we don’t know if Rajnikanth will take it in the right spirit. Hope people don’t raise their eyebrows and it has been done only in pure humour.” When contacted Rohit said: “I really loved the grand song sequence from Sivaji. It was mind blowing. I don’t think any Indian film has ever had such a visually delightful song sequence and I thought about it and wanted to incorporate it in a wacky way and Golmaal Returns is the only film in which I could have taken the risk. We are not spoofing anyone. We cannot dare to spoof Rajnikanth. He is a legend.” Rohit’s film has Ajay Devgan, Kareena Kapoor, Arshad Warsi, Tusshar Kapoor, Celina Jaitley, Amrita Arora, Shreyas Talpade and Anjana Sukhani in pivotal roles. Rohit says the shooting experience was smooth with the exception of one scene which required Kareena to ride a bike. “Kareena had never ridden a bike and to add to worries it was a 600 CC sports bike. It was the scene which establishes the characters in the film, the opening shot which was very important for the film. Kareena took bike riding lessons for around 2 days and she gave the shot. The time when the shot was rolling I had my heart in my mouth. I was praying that there should be no accidents and thankfully everything went very smooth,” Rohit says. The director says that he is not happy with people calling his film a sequel. “My film is not a sequel but I think it’s a part of a series. It has a completely new story to tell and is not an extension to Golmaal,” he ends.

No comments: